Believe it or not, spring is here. Even if the weather is less than desirable, we can hurry its arrival by putting our mind and actions into spring activities. If we have to wait to May to feel the glow of warm weather, at least we will be prepared. Here is a list of things to do.
1. Clean the Grill. It has been a long winter, so it is time to get the racks inside your grill clean. The best way is to use a wire brush and even some easy-off oven cleaner. Also, soak and scrub your cooking equipment. Once everything is clean, it’ll be time to make grilled hamburgers.
2. Wear Open-Toe Shoes. It’s time to put your best foot forward with a pair of open-toe shoes. There are many styles on the market, including the trendy patent peep-toe, platform-heel shoe. But before you attempt to get your feet into a pair of shoes, take time to get yourself a pedicure.
3. Take a Hike. It may be a little chilly, but the cool air will feel good. Make sure to layer your clothing and bring a hat and a thermos of hot tea for the trail.
4. Ride With the Top Down. Nothing brings the spring air to your face like the wind. If you don’t own a convertible, consider renting one.
5. Welcome the Birds Back. Nothing says spring like the chirping of birds. Buy a new birdhouse and bird seed and watch how fast your house will become the most popular with the birds in the neighborhood.
6. Wear Vibrant Colors. Spring is all about color—green, yellow, pink. So it’s time to make your wardrobe reflect the changing season and spice it up with color. You will fit the spring look with a fuchsia-colored sweater, floral scarf, and a pair of blue jeans.
7. Start Your Garden. Nature also needs a little nudge. When you can see dirt instead of snow, it’s time to start working the soil. Start clearing, hauling, and tilling. Many plants start germinating when the ground gets around 55 degrees Fahrenheit during the day. Get a jump-start so you’re ready.
8. Start Spring Cleaning. Open the windows and let the fresh air in. If your schedule is really busy, try to clean, organize, and dispose of things you don’t need one room at a time. Try using green products this year.
9. Plant Tulips: There is no better plant to make us feel as if spring is here.
10. Eat Out. Make a date with a friend to eat lunch at a restaurant that has patio seating the next time the temperature hits 55.