Editor's note: The Epoch Times here publishes direct translations of statements made by Chinese people in ‘renouncing’ the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its subordinate organizations. Statements such as these are submitted to a website affiliate of the Chinese version of The Epoch Times, Dajiyuan. The movement to renounce, withdraw from, or quit the CCP, called ‘tuidang’ in Chinese, began in late 2004, soon after The Epoch Times published the "Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party," an editorial series that explores the true nature and history of the CCP. The statements offer a rare and candid glimpse of history in the making: the Chinese people turning their backs on the Communist Party, choosing conscience over pragmatism, and peacefully ushering in a future China free of Party rule.
Our Whole Family Believes the Fall of the CCP is Fast Approaching
I am a long-time Chinese Communist Party (CCP) member; I am in my 60’s and hve worked for the CCP for over 40 years. I have personally experienced the Three-Anti Campaign, the Five-Anti Campaign, the Anti-Rightist Movement, the Cultural Revolution, the June 4, 1989 Massacre, and the ongoing persecution of Falun Gong. The CCP uses its ruling power to corrupt 95 percent of the general public and isolate and attack the remaining 5 percent by fabricating lies, inciting hatred, and instigating brutal struggles among the people.
Every political movement is caused by the power struggle among the CCP’s higher-level officials. Apart from causing fear, panic, and poverty, they try to exert mind control. Chinese people have no freedom of speech and no freedom of thought. All the CCP has brought to our nation are lies, hatred and struggle. Currently, the communist regime puts up a window display of prosperity, only to hide the suffocating terror created by the CCP’s tyranny.
I have seen the Falun Gong parades in Hong Kong and America. I came to know about the quit-CCP movement while traveling abroad. Recently I read the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. Now I understand that heaven will eliminate the CCP; its demise is imminent. This is a matter of great importance for everyone’s future.
My family no longer believes anything from the CCP. We have seen with our own eyes how the CCP’s corruption and declining morals are beyond repair. All these realities have proven that the CCP is an evil entity without respect for humanity and society. With large numbers of CCP officials fleeing the country with stolen assets, does this not signal that the demise of the Party is near?
Our entire family believes the CCP’s collapse is imminent! We do not wish to remain part of its organizations. Today we declare to quit the CCP, to wipe off the evil mark that was put on us through deception. The so-called “maintain the advanced nature of Party members” brainwashing has no effect on us. We hereby cancel all promises made to the evil CCP.
Zhu Jianchao, Jing, Xiaozi
Guangdong Province, China
I Have a Master’s Degree in Party History Studies; I Know the Evil of the Party
Our family of four declares to quit the CCP. We are honest and hardworking people who were deceived by the CCP into becoming Party members. I know very well how evil this Party is; even so, as a member I felt helpless. After reading The Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party, I was fearful and couldn’t wait to clear myself of the evil influence. From now on, my entire family and I renounce our association with all Party organizations. Our actions, words and thoughts made under the CCP influence are hereby canceled for good.
Gan Family of four
Gansu Province, China