Coffee for 5¢ and Cheesecake for 19¢ at NYC’s Grand Central
By Ivan Pentchoukov On February 1, 2013 @ 12:49 pm In New York City | No Comments
NEW YORK—Some shops in Grand Central Terminal are traveling back in time Feb. 1 to 1913, at least in terms of price.
You can get a 5¢ small drip hot coffee at Financier Patisserie starting at noon. Zaro’s Bakery is selling 6¢ loaves of rye bread. A piece of Legendary Fudge at Li-Lac Chocolates is just 25¢ as well. These special prices are in effect only today, Feb. 1, and some are limited to one per customer, or a specific time. Check the list below for details.
Grand Central Terminal opened its doors to the public on February 2, 1913. Now, more than 700,000 people pass through the terminal on a daily basis and it is the 6th most popular tourist site in the world. Today is only the beginning to a year of planned celebrations and events. Visit www.grandcentralterminal.com for future events.
If the penny prices don’t make the case for a trip to Grand Central today, all the free giveaways just might. Starbucks is giving out free packets of its VIA instant coffee. Grand Central is giving out special centennial luggage tags. And Origins is giving away free iPhone covers.
For a complete list of giveaways, see below.
*Only available February 1, 2013
• 19¢ ea. shrimp, 13¢ ea. mussels, 13¢ ea. clams at Pescatore
• 10¢ for a side of french fries at Tri Tip Grill *From 11am-3pm
• 5¢ small drip hot coffee at Financier Patisserie *Starting at 12 pm. Limit one per customer
• 10¢ shoe shine at Leather Spa
• 10¢ nylon watch straps from Central Watch *Limited to first 500 customers. Limit one per customer
• 25¢ piece of Legendary Fudge at Li-Lac Chocolates *Limit one per customer
• 19¢ slice of cheesecake at the Oyster Bar & Restaurant *Dine-in only
• 10¢ for bambini scoop of gelato or sorbet at Ciao Bella *Limit one per customer
• $2 for 100% silk scarves (unisex) at TOTO
• 6¢ loaf of rye bread at Zaro’s Bakery * Shuttle Passage and Grand Central Market locations only. *Limit one per customer
• 75¢ Adirondack cocktail at Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
• 5¢ 1lb box of pasta with purchase of a Ceriello Sauce at Ceriello Fine Foods *until 4pm
• Grand Central Centennial Luggage Tags
• Vintage train whistles from Target
• Granola Bars and trail mix from Archer Farms
• Mini men’s and women’s fragrance bottles from Vince Camuto
• Arrowhead studded earrings from Tia’s Place
• Spring rolls from Pescatore
• Financiers from Financier Patisserie
• Starbucks VIA Ready Brew from Starbucks
• “23” cookies from Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
• Chocolate Hearts from Li-Lac Chocolates
• Package of Masala Chai blend from Café Spice
• Origins iPhone cases from Origins
• Swatch pens from Swatch
• 2 Deluxe samples and an invite to the store for a hand and arm massage from Jo Malone
• First 100 people to make a $50 purchase at Vince Camuto, receive a hot pink Camuto iPhone cover!
A Grand Central Terminal commemorative USPS Express Mail stamp will be available for purchase and cancellation at the Lower Concourse Information Booth from 10am until 3pm.
Copyright © 2012 Epoch Times. All rights reserved.