This recipe is an excellent soup to make on a cool, rainy day. Buy a loaf of sourdough bread to make this a complete meal.
Makes 8 1-cup servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups drained cooked white beans (two 14.5-ounce cans, rinsed and drained)
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes.
Add the vegetables, beans, herbs, and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add wine, salt, and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes.
Jennifer Wickes is a freelance writer with 30 years of cooking experience. She has been featured in Home Cooking magazine, Bon Appétit, Better Homes and Gardens, and many more.
The Epoch Times publishes in 35 countries and in 19 languages. Subscribe to our e-newsletter.