The importance of mobile marketing is no secret.
Mobile marketing has crossed ethnic groups and age groups with varying income levels. But how does mobile marketing impact the automotive industry? It’s true that the mobile user is typically gathering information, but a car shopper is going to display different behavior than a shopper searching to purchase parts or service, which is typically an immediate need that needs to be met.
A few quick facts on mobile auto users:
• Tend to be male and white
• Many users are gathering information for a future purchase
• Those searching for a deal tend to be lower income and non-white
• Many white female users are searching to fulfill an immediate need
• African-American males tend to be car enthusiast who are affluent
• Smartphones owners use their device to locate automotive businesses whereas tablet users gather a variety of other information
Automotive marketers should consider behavioral targeting techniques to capture the desired consumers. Many consumers tend to shop familiar brands. Using behavioral targeting, marketers can send the right message to the right consumer in order to improve conversion rate.
Promotional offers increase the chances that the mobile shopper will click through your ad. Be aware of who you are attempting to target: price and location are key ingredients for the mobile auto shopper.Believe it or not, mobile auto shoppers are less inclined to use apps. As always, continue to ask auto shoppers questions on how you can better serve them in order to garner repeat business.
Adele Lassere is a marketing/advertising consultant with 20+ years experience, freelance writer and author of “Elements of Buying: A How To Reference Guide on Advertising for Business Owners,” available at Amazon.com. Adele was listed as Black Enterprise’s 2011 Top Execs in Marketing & Advertising. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org